4.08.2010

"FaMiLy"

One day in my speaking class...

I asked my students a question :
"If you have a lot of money.. what will you do?"

Everyone smiled, one answered: "I'll go to Japan, I love that country very much"
I asked: "why Japan?"
He said: "well, I like the cultures, the people, the buildings,hmm.. everything about it"

Then the other student suddenly attracted my attention, She said: "Miss Vie.. if I have a lot of money, I'll go to Bali, and live there"

I smiled, and asked other students: "what about you guys? do you wanna buy something or go somewhere?"

A boy shouted: "I wanna buy a sport car miss,, like Ferrari or something"

I said :"that's great, I also love car.. haha"
At the same time, I imagined my self driving a sport car... ^^
it's all gone when another student said: "I wanna go to England, to London, I wanna visit London Eye"

I thought, she's got the point, I like england too, the unique buildings, the extra ordinary cultures, and so forth.

Anyway..

I continued asking my students one by one, and I was kinda shocked when there was a student answered: "I wanna buy a big house for my family"

It shocked me because, everyone said, "I" only, but this student added "my family" in the end of her sentence.

My family.. it's a common word, it's a noun, or something..

but the meaning is so deep that people will never forget how they live with their family.

I cannot imagine if someone lives on his/her own feet with no family at all.
I mean... at the first time it might be easy, we can do whatever we like without thinking "my family will hate this"

but then I imagine my self having a big house and a sport car, visiting great countries, and so on without having a family...

I don't think I'll be happy....

What about you???!!?

1 comment:

Febrianakp said...

yah, saya sangad setuju dengan miss dan muridnya ...without family..we're nothing...