2.21.2010

lil' story of Malang (PART 2)

Several questions to answer...

What is your favorite food?
What is your favorite snack?
What is your favorite beverage?

Well.... I have lots of favorite foods, snacks, and beverages.

few years ago.. I loved Gudeg very much..but I got a .. trauma.. because of eating gudeg made by Malang people.. I was hospitalised for three days..

my stomach was too sensitive, and there were several mistakes in the process of cooking Gudeg.. (the process takes hours even two days, if the chef makes mistakes so.. it won't be perfect, the taste might be good but the bacteria might stay there too)

anyway..

now I don't wanna eat Gudeg in Malang anymore.. instead of searching the best restaurant to get yummy gudeg, I prefer to find other places for other foods..

just so you know.. the real east Javanese do really like spicy and hot foods..
and I can't adapt with that..
I like sweet foods.. or something that is not too spicy and hot..

And it's really not easy finding that kind of food
because.. when they say.. this food is not spicy.. it means spicy to me..

so.. it's really different..

actually.. I'd like to recommend some restaurants in Malang that .. you might
wanna try..as Malang is very famous of the meat ball, so.. I think I'd better talk about it..

If you like meat ball(red: meat ball).. you can go to Bakso Cak Man and Bakso Gun, both are delicious.. but.. there are plus and minus here.. I like Bakso Gun because.. each table is completed by a small stove, which keeps our foods warm or even hot!
we can add some veggies too.. many kinds of fries.. and anything you like..

Bakso Kota Cak Man is also tasted great.. ow.. the meat balls (beef)taste better than Bakso Gun, but in Cak Man we can't have the veggies,and the stoves. Anyway.. the gravy is better in Bakso Gun than Bakso Cak Man,, so..

I suggest you to try all of 'em.. ^^

well.. for snacks.. Malang is well known of the sweet potato (red: telo)
there are many products made of telo,, my favorite is bakpia telo, and bakpao telo which is just taken from the oven.. cool!!

hmm...

Talking about beverage.. it's not gonna be easy.. because the are many kinds of it..
so I'm not gonna suggest anything about drink.. but I'll tell you a bit about my favorite drink when I go to Japanese restaurant called Saboten.

I love chocolate very much.. and in Saboten I can get what I really want.. a glass of chocolate is filled by chocolate chips.. so it is really great!! may be you should try that one.. hahaha..

Well... I'm not gonna write about foods all that way..

now.. it's your turn to tell me your favorite food.. ^^
please also tell me your fave drink.. snacks.. and so forth..

No comments: